bedroom decor

bedroom decor

hey guys. i wanted to share this new addition to myroom. it's a corkboard map where i'm gonna store all my precious memoriesfrom travel and life. i'm super excited about it. if you've seen my room tour video, you knowthat i've kept my walls white for the longest timebecause i was scared to commit. but today i'm just gonna take you to decoratewith me. the first step was to take out the corkboardpieces and arrange them in the right way.


this was pretty fun. it’s kind of like a puzzle. to decide where to put it on the wall, i decidedto use scotch tape first so that i could change it if i wanted to beforecommitting. once i felt like it was right, it was timeto commit. i love that these are peel-off stickers because it just makes it so easy for me tostick on. i was kind of being a little perfectionist. i wanted to get everything at the right angle,


at the right distance and spacing, just tothe best of my ability. now it's time for some polaroids. i did not use the camera, but instead, i used this instax printer that prints photosfrom your phone. i thought that was super cool. it's so convenient because we have so manygreat photos on our phone and you can also reframe the photos to howeveryou like and then print it out, which was really, reallyhelpful. i already pre-selected photos to print out.


these are photos from my travels, and i mostly focused on the people from mytravels and the memories i created with them, instead of focusing on monuments and thingsbecause to me, people are more important. these are people that i love in my life. they're near and dear to my heart, so i wanted to remember all the moments ofjoy with these people in all of these different places. the exception being milan: i decided to printthe duomo because i studied abroad in milan and it'sa place that's near and dear to my heart.


so here are all the photos. and now it's time to put the pictures up. so i wasn't sure if that was iceland, but since it looked similarto where it would be, i put my photo from the blue lagoon up onthat part of the map. i had a photo that we took from filming picturetaipei and i realized that there was no taiwan on this map, becausetaiwan's a small island next to china so i decided to put this photo where taiwanwould've been. next is a photo of my parents.


my dad lives in shanghai, actually, so i wanted to put that picture in shanghaiwhen we went to visit him. and this is the point where i realized thesepolaroids are really big, and the map is too small, so we're just goingto take up all of china here. italy looked so small on the map as well. putting up milan for the memories. i had a photo with my friend in verona. i realized that i should probably pin the two photos under one area becausethey're both italy, technically.


next up is this photo of my mom and my cousinwhen we were in japan. it's a photo of them laughing while walkingup the stairs, and it's an actual candid photo and it makesme so happy to look at it because i love them both so much and theyjust look so happy. then i have a photo of me and my girls havinghigh tea in london. i realize that just three photos take up allof europe. _ map will look like. _ be able to see the map after i add morephotos to this thing. i decided to put a picture of my family onthe right on top of china


just because i felt like it balanced it out,plus i had another photo of us that i was gonna put on the california side. by this time i realized that i have too manygreat photos from california and not enough space, so i picked four: oneof coachella, one of my cousins, one of my boyfriend, and one of my family. and i put those four as close to california as i could on that side of north america. but obviously, there's not enough space but i still feel like this looks really cuteand it's really simple.


so far, this makes me really happy to lookat and i can't wait to add more photos and more precious memories onto this map.


Subscribe to receive free email updates: